What is a Suspension Seatpost?
A suspension seatpost is a specially designed bicycle seat post featuring shock absorbing construction that helps smooth out bumps in the terrain and reduce the impact to the rider. They are best suited for gravel biking and bikepacking applications but are also used on road bikes and tri-bikes to help riders stay in the saddle through rough course areas. Suspension seatposts are often used on e-bikes as well, especially in urban environments with shifting concrete conditions.
The Shockstop suspension seatposts feature a proprietary parallelogram design, which allows for the suspension to remain active even when you're seated and pedaling. This means that you can benefit from the suspension's smoothing effect even when you're putting down power, unlike some suspension seatposts that become rigid when you're pedaling.
The minimal design of the ShockStop Suspension Seatpost blends seamlessly with the aesthetic of modern gravel, road, and e-bikes. Along with the ShockStop Suspension Stem, this suspension system works together to reduce fatigue and strain, letting you ride further, faster, and more comfortably.
Benefits of a Suspension Seatpost
• Go further - seatpost suspension helps to reduce fatigue from bumps and vibrations with a superior shock absorber.
• Ride faster - energy that is normally wasted suspending your body is converted into forward motion.
• Take control - customize your suspension seatpost feel to float over obstacles and maintain control.
Improved comfort: Suspension seatposts help to absorb shocks and vibrations from rough roads, reducing stress and fatigue on your body, especially your hands, arms, and back. This can lead to a more comfortable ride and reduced risk of injury.
Improved control: By absorbing shock and vibrations, a suspension seatpost can help to maintain traction and stability on rough roads, allowing you to ride with more confidence and control.
Reduced fatigue: By reducing the amount of stress and fatigue on your body, a suspension seatpost can help you to conserve energy and ride for longer without feeling as tired.
Better performance: By allowing you to maintain traction and control on rough roads, a suspension seatpost can help you to ride faster and more efficiently, especially on technical terrain.
Suspension Seatpost Features
• The ShockStop Suspension Seatpost is available in two length options:
- 280mm and 350mm
• 35mm of active suspension travel
• Infinitely adjustable stiffness via pre-load adjustment and swappable springs
• Adjusting stiffness / pre-load does not reduce travel
• Swappable springs included to accommodate heavier riders and/or ride preference
• Optimized linkage geometry provides ultra-responsive suspension feel
• Check technical specifications for compatibility
What's in the Box:
• 1 x ShockStop Suspension Seatpost
• 2 x springs (1 pre-installed, 1 included in box for increased stiffness)
• All required hardware
Suspension Seat Post for Bike packing
A mix of back packing and road biking, with a dash of gravel biking as well, bike packing is an increasingly popular form of biking adventure. It is also incredibly gear heavy, requiring multiple bags